Dating app that puts focus on connecting users through real friends just as they do at a social gathering. Unlike GPS-based apps that choose location as one of the main matching criteria, Hinge finds a compatible partner based on mutual friends. On the one hand, it helps to avoid randos, but your matching opportunities get so severely restricted by your friends’ networks that it may slow down or even impede your dating life.
- no randos because of friend-based matching.
- account verification via Facebook
- user must have at least one Facebook friend who is already using the app
- matching restrictions – max. 15 matches per day
- no profile creation – photos and other information are taken from Facebook, user can’t upload anything
- doesn’t take into account relationship status.